Board Member Space
We are very pleased to welcome you to the Board of Directors of Matching Peace. We anticipate that your skills and experience will be an asset to our Board and we look forward to working with you in the near future. Currently, we are not having in-person meetings. Each month the Director of Connections sends out an email with the monthly objectives and the previous month's updates and accomplishments. You will be receiving several emails to Google Docs over the course of the year in order to share quick updates. Please review when able and provide feedback. In addition, in this classroom you will find an informational document about Matching Peace. We thank you for your willingness to serve Matching Peace.
Our mission is to enrich the overall well-being of the family unit through family to family mentoring, coaching, education and lifestyle exposure.
Conflict of Interest Policy & Statement- to be created
Board Member Description & Expectations
Purpose: To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Matching Peace so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
Mission: Our mission is to enrich the overall well-being of the family unit through family to family mentoring, coaching, education and lifestyle exposure.
• Organizational leadership and advisement
• Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees
• Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
• Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
• Oversight of program planning and evaluation
• Personnel evaluation and staff development
• Review of organizational and programmatic reports
• Promotion of the organization
• Fundraising and outreach Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of Matching Peace. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community. Length of term: Three years, which may be renewed up to a maximum of three consecutive terms, pending approval of the board.
Meetings and time commitment:
• The board of directors will communicate through email and google docs and special meetings as necessary.
• Board members are asked to attend one community exposure event per year, as they are determined.
Expectations of board members:
• Provide feedback on regular basis, and special events as able.
• Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by Matching Peace’s mission, objectives, and programs.
• Help communicate and promote Matching Peace’s mission and programs to the community.
• Become familiar with Matching Peace’s finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
• Understand the policies and procedures of Matching Peace.
• Financially support Matching Peace in a manner commensurate with one’s ability.
Current Board Member 2020-2021
Dr. Crissie Frye
Dr. Hope Bland
List of Committees & Members-to be created
Organizational Chart- to be create
2020-21 Budget-to be created.
D&O Insurance-to be purchased